Being overweight can increase your risk of serious illness. Latest research suggested that your risk is even greater if you carry excess weight around your middle. If your waist is larger than 100 cm (men) or 90 cm (women) then it’s time to consider weigh managements. And the good news is that you can do this through some lifestyle changes.
Being overweight can increase your risk of:
- High blood pressure.
- Increased blood cholesterol.
- Blood vessel and heart disease
- Heart attack
- Non-insulin dependent diabetes.
If you wish to lose weight set a reasonable and achievable weight loss goal–aim for half to one kilogram per week. Losing and maintaining weight can be achieved through:
- Exercise more-at least 30 minutes each day. Exercise can be taken in one lot or smaller amounts e.g. 3 lost of 10 minutes. It is a genetic
- A morning walk cycle or swim continues to burn off energy for up to 16 hours.
- Walking is one of the best ways of losing and maintaining your daily routine.
- Set a regular time for physical activity, to help make it part of your daily routine.
- Healthy Eating:-
- Eat more carbohydrate and fiber foods e.g. bread, cereals and fruit and vegetables. These foods are better for you and will fill you up more than high fat foods.
- Eat lower fat meals. Cut down on oil, butter and margarine. Take the skin off chicken, fat off meat and cracking off pork. Grill food instead of frying it.
- Eat regular meals each day: don’t snack or nibble.
- Choose a special place to eat all your meals, at home and at work. Eat only at this place.
- Eat only from a plate.
- Eat sitting down. Don’t eat while watching TV
- When going out, eat little less that day and afterward, so that you can enjoy yourself without feeling guilty.
- Limit alcohol to one or two drinks twice a week.
- Use a list when shopping, never shop when you are hungry.
- A dietitian can work with you to see where you can make changes in what you eat.
Homoeopathy Medicines help to immobilize Fat, increases BMR Maintains Blood Pressure, Cholesterol Levels thus help reducing weight slowly steadily without side effects.